- Review of By the Book: A Literary History of Queensland, edited by Patrick Buckridge and Belinda McKay.
Although one might wonder at the enterprise of compiling a literary history of a state, which is, after all, a political entity, one could argue that Queensland 's unique geographical features (such as the Barrier Reef), economic development (the sugar…1 November 2008
- Review of Paper Empires: A History of the Book in Australia, 1946-2005, edited by Craig Munro and Robin Sheahan-Bright.
Once upon a time, I thought that the book I bought in the booksbop was the book the author wrote. Yes, silly I know, but my earliest literary training skimmed over the issues of editorship, marketing, book cover/design and the…1 November 2008
- Review of Making Books: Contemporary Australian Publishing. Edited by David Carter and Anne Galligan.
This volume of writings from UQP is a timely contribution to a cultural arena currently caught up in discussions about publishing and books, about priorities and stances, traditional and new technology fom1ats for books, and what a bookshop - chain…1 May 2009
- Review of A History of the Book in Australia 1891- 1945: A National Culture in a Colonised Market, edited by Martyn Lyons and John Arnold.
Literary studies have changed, as readers of this review will know well. They are increasingly concerned with context, one example being the acknowledgment that an understanding of book production and distribution and of reading practices is within the legitimate boundaries…1 May 2003
- The Reading Communities of Collecting: Sale Catalogues, Sociability, and Ephemerality, 1676-1862
An important dimension of the circulation of books and the sociability associated with that circulation is the second-hand book trade, a notable contemporary example in Australia being the charitable book fairs organised by the counselling support service Lifeline in cities…1 October 2014
This special issue tracks the ways in which Victorian literary texts and ideas were transformed by their arrival and reception in the Australasian colonies and then re-transmitted around the trade lines of Empire. The literary migration outlined here involved the…31 October 2015
- Ross Harvey
- Toni Johnson-Woods
- Susan K. Martin
- Kylie Mirmohamadi
- Gillian Russell
- Terri-Ann White
- Robert Zeller