Australian children's literature
- Australian Literature: A Preliminary Subject Checklist
Provides a bibliography of works engaged with the subject of 'Australian literature' broadly conceived. It aims at giving a diversified picture of Australian literature by…1 October 1984
- Review of Reading Race: Aboriginality in Australian Children's Literature, by Clare Bradford.
Clare Bradford's already influential study has received several top international honours in the past year, including the North-American-based Children's Literature Association Award, and the International…1 May 2004
- Review of books by Philippa Poole, Alison Alexander and Brenda Niall
Rodriguez reviews the following volumes:
The Diaries of Ethel Turner, compiled by Philippa Poole (Ure Smith. Sydney. 1979).
Billabong's Author: The Life of Mary…1 May 1980
- The Return of the Fairy : Australian Medievalist Fantasy for the Young
In November 2009, driving through the inner south-east ofMelbourne, I passed Como House, a South Yarra mansion built between the 1840s and the 1870s. Out…1 October 2011
- Economies of Childhood in Nineteenth-Century Australia: Catherine Helen Spence’s Short Fiction for Children
In her long-running annual column for the Adelaide Observer, ‘Gossip about Children’s Books’, Australian writer and social reformer, Catherine Helen Spence, maintained that ‘the…9 July 2018